- Maximum loan amount : Rs 80.00 Lacs*(conditions applied).
- Should be a Nepalese citizen.
- The student should have at least intermediate/higher secondary level (plus two) academic qualification.
- The student’s parents/guardian should have sufficient regular income to service interest. Their uncommitted monthly income should be at least 1.33 times of the interest payable.
- Should be between the age of 16 years to 35 years
- Graduate / Masters and above
- Professional courses (graduate and above)
- Fees payable to College /Hostel (Admission fee, tuition fee, examination fee, laboratory fee, library fee)
- Purchase of books, equipments, instruments required for the course.
- Cost of passage (for studies abroad)
- Boarding and lodging expenses (Recognized hostels by the institution)
0.75% of the loan amount or Rs. 5000.00 whichever is higher.
A prepayment charge at the rate of 2% on the prepaid amount shall be recovered. If loan is repaid after 12 months of the date of sanction, the prepayment charge shall be 1%.
A commitment fee at the rate of 0.25% of unutilized loan shall be charged.
CIC report fee:
Rs. 500.00 and Rs. 250.00 per additional page.
- Processing fee:
A maximum period of 5 years or the completion of course designated, whichever is earlier.
The loan shall be repaid in 5 years after the moratorium period on EMI basis.
Interest during moratorium period :
The parents/guardian of the student shall pay the interest during the moratorium period on quarterly basis as per Nepali calendar.
- Land and building having value133% of loan amount.
- Loan upto 95% of Fixed Deposit/Government securities.
Supporting documents required
- Duly filled Loan Application form
- Mark sheet of last qualifying examination
- Copies of Letter Conferring scholarship, if any
- Proof of admission to the course
- Schedule of expenses for the course
- Two copies of recent passport size photograph of the students and their parents/guardian/guarantor
- Copies of foreign exchange permit, where required.
- Copies of citizenship/pass port of the students and their parents/guardian/guarantor.
- Statement of regular income sources of parents/guardian, along with supporting documents where required.
- Brief statement of assets and liabilities of parents/guardian
- Copies of ownership certificates of the proposed property to be mortgaged or Government Securities/FDRs to be pledged. * Please contact our nearest branch for maximum loan amount that can be availed.
Sample Education Loan Form (Filled)
News and Updates
Issuance of 7.9% NSBL Debentures-2080
-Mar 31, 2014