IMPORTANT SECURITY TIPS FOR SAFE ONLINE BANKING
- Access your bank website only by typing the URL in the address bar of your browser.
- Do not click on any links in any e-mail message to access the site.
- Nepal SBI Bank never sends you email/SMS or calls you over phone to get your personal information, password or one time SMS (high security) password. Any such e-mail/SMS or phone call is an attempt to fraudulently withdraw money from your account through Internet Banking. Never respond to such email/SMS or phone call. Please report immediately on firstname.lastname@example.org if you receive any such e-mail/SMS or Phone call. Immediately change your passwords if you have accidentally revealed your credentials.
- Do not be lured if you receive an e-mail/SMS/phone call promising reward for providing your personal information or for updating your account details in the bank site.
Having the following will improve your internet security:
- Newer version of Operating System with latest security patches.
- Latest version of Browsers (IE 7.0 and above , Mozilla Firefox 3.1 and above, Opera 9.5 and above, Safari 3.5 and above, Google chrome,etc.)
- Firewall is enabled.
- Antivirus signatures applied
- Scan your computer regularly with Antivirus to ensure that the system is Virus/Trojan free.
- Change your Internet Banking password at periodical intervals.
- Always check the last log-in date and time in the post login page.
- Avoid accessing Internet banking accounts from cyber cafes or shared PCs.
News and Updates
Regarding IRCTC Ticket Booking
-Jun 27, 2014
Revision of cash withdrawal limit in ATMs in India
-Jun 17, 2014